Status of Apple HomeKit Support
schmedegaard last edited by
This post is deleted!
@b-bech-l Yeah we're also sorry that this has taken longer time than expected. With "according to the plan", I refer to the current plan from summer when we said "late 2020".
@Emil "according to plan", seems a bit over the top... the "plan" was for HomeKit support to be released almost a year back from now, when I bought my flics. . .
my hub + flics have been sitting in a drawer for almost a year now. . . . its Crazy... especially now that I can buy a very similar button from phillips in the exact same size as the flics, that includes HomeKit support... but now I have my investment in quite a few buttons I can't use for what my intentions was...
Its too late for me to return my equipment to flic, cause a have waited for so long on the famous "HomeKit support very soon" promise...
Guess that's a way to make money too...
Make a good selling point, and then stretch it out as much as possible, and keep promising pots of gold just around the corner every time questions come in...
Do that for long enough, and the costumer can't return the equipment, and you make bucks...
All jokes aside, i really feel handled like that ^^
And I really don't like it...
@hello_marley the ball is moving according to plan. Please stay tuned
hello_marley last edited by
A Former User last edited by
This post is deleted!
b.bech.l last edited by b.bech.l
when (or if) that happens, its been af year from my purchase, where I was promised "early 2020"....
Its really not cool folks...
at least you could offer some kind of compensation...
So far, I haven't shared my "adventure" anywhere else, but maybe its about time...
dau1618 last edited by
I am also one of those customers who bought the hub specifically for the HomeKit promise. Early 2020 has turned into Mid 2020 and that seems to be slipping away. Throw us a bone once in awhile with a status update.
b.bech.l last edited by b.bech.l
@Emil - Not a very detailed answer tho. . .
you guys might not take this very serious, but I assure you that I/we do. . .
as I have mentioned earlier, the HomeKit thingie was the only reason I bought your product... and I bought it around Christmas....
thats a long time to wait, considering that u guys told everyone that HomeKit would come early 2020...
I trusted u guys. . . U got problems last time u spoke about HomeKit in regards to flic1, which never saw the day of light...
is THIS the exact same case, or what?
Give us something to hold on to man, and change our "hope" to "excitement" instead... Plz?
@bulk Yes we have made the submission.
bulk last edited by
@anton I appreciate the update. You mentioned you had hoped to submit by the week of May 1st. In the interest of transparency, did that happen? I recognize Apple's process can be a black box, but as your customers and users, we would hope yours wouldn't be. It's fine if it's delayed, we already know it is, just be transparent about where you are in the process right now. Thank you.
morten 0 last edited by
Hi. I bought the flic starter late 2019 kit on the promise of homekit implementation early 2020. If what you write here i true - that you have no idea how long this takes because it is new to you - then i feel you shouldnt make that promise in your marketing. Quite frankly it makes me mad.
The reason why we cannot give you transparency is because we simply don’t know ourselves how long it will take. We are currently working with the MFi Test labs to certify our product. This MFi process is under NDA so we cannot simply share all the details on what’s going on and where we are at.
What I can say is that we have had some setbacks due to improper implementation on our end, but also due to delays caused by Covid19. Having said that, my hope is that we will have submitted all the materials/documents/samples needed by next week. After that your guess is as good as ours as to how long time it will take. We have never completed a HomeKit (or MFi) certification before, so this process is completely new to us as well.
I know that this is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth.
I also feel the need to say that even though communication with Apple has not always been the quickest, they have been very professional and helpful towards us. So I will not put any blame on them.
Come on dudes...
We really need some transparency here...
its a month since I asked last time, and still not a mm. closer to knowing whats going on with homekit...
was the "Apple HomeKit support, very soon" just a way to get more buyers (like me), or is there some truth behind it at all?
PLEASE throw out af VERY public update on the matter, and stop acting like its nothing...
I say it again... Please?
oliverw last edited by
@Emil Any updates to the HomeKit timeline?
johnschult last edited by
johnschult last edited by johnschult
mtajos last edited by
I echo @b-bech-l comment. I specifically supported the Flic campaign because of the promised Homekit support. Bad enough that the implementation wasn't included on release. I cannot find a single function in Flic's current state that is helpful for me. So far, my $160 investment is useless and sitting in a box. Here's to the hope that the current implementation is certified ASAP.
I BADLY need an update on this matter also. . .
i have bought quite a few buttons, with the intend of using them together with HomeKit exclusively...
The wait is killing me xD
Every time I asked the flic team directly, I get the same "oh, it will be soon" or "HomeKit will be available in early 2020" answer... that's not very specific...
Can it be THAT hard to be a little more transparent, and just tell EXACTLY where we stand?
Something like "Hey Brian, im sorry for the wait on HomeKit, but right now we are waiting for the last bits to fit together, and a rough estimate will be 7-14 days if everything goes as planned" would be much appreciated.
I NEED answers, dammit ! xD
Im ultra stoked !
@b-bech-l I honestly have no idea at all how long their certification process takes. I don't know if it takes one month or half a year. But hopefully near the former.
I know you are hesitant about being too exact on a date, because you are afraid of promising too much and look bad afterwards...
I totally get, and respect that... but with that said, you must have an idea of how long the estimate is?
Are we talking in about 1-2 weeks, or 1-2 months. . . Or years, maybe? I can only stick to the first promise we got, and that was "HomeKit to be launched in the 1. quarter of 2020", which is in less then a month...
is that estimate far off?