thibaut.pranal last edited by
I'm trying to set up a Flic Hub at my work for personnal use.
- the less blocked wifi as a hidden SSID. Any way to connect to it ?
- the other wifi must have strong firewall rules because :
- i can connect to it
- wifi test connection in the hub says its ok
- but http request (in my case https to Pushover API) does not work
- i can't connect to ifft
- i can connect to spotify
Any tricks ?
More over what can I ask to the IT guy in term of firewall modifications in order to let the http request work ?
- We don't really support hidden Wi-Fi networks.
- The connection test actually performs a standard http request over port 80 to a pre-defined URL. The Internet Request action simply executes a standard request. IFTTT and Spotify Web Connect also connect to various https endpoint on their servers. So, as long as the firewall allows TCP traffic over port 80 and 443, it should work. Of course a DNS server (the one assigned by the DHCP server) at UDP port 53 must also be able to be reached, assuming you use domain names instead of raw IP addresses.