Has anyone found a workaround for using Flic with a Nest thermostat? I attempted to connect via IFTTT, but it seems this would only work if you had this setup prior to August 2019 - no NEW connections appear to be possible.
Posts made by a2attard
Common Flic Use Cases
I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with my Flic other than turn the lights on/off.
- I don't live in the US, so I can't use it to order Dominos.
- It doesn't integrate with Google Home, so I can't use it to play music on my speakers or adjust my (Nest) thermostat
- I cannot use it to order an Uber or Lyft
- The actions available on IFTTT & Zapier also do not allow me to do any of the above either
- It doesn't integrate with Toggl, so I can't use it to track hours
What is everyone else using it for?
Google Home Integration?
I have a mobile phone, laptop, Philips HUE, and 4 Google Devices (Nest Hub, Nest Thermostat, Google Home, Google Home Mini).
When clicking my flic, I want to dim all my lights, then play a specific Spotify playlist or Radio.
However, the native Spotify Web Connect only allows music to be played on either my mobile or laptop, not any of the Google Home Speakers. Is there a workaround for this?
Unfortunately, Zapier & IFTTT integrations with Spotify do not seem to support music playback. I thought there might be a way to send a command to the Google assistant, but that doesn't seem feasible either.