Ah well that was easy, thank you!
Posts made by slbickford
Multiple Alexa Routines on One Button
I'm trying to set up my Flic button to to be able to trigger multiple routines within Alexa. Specifically:
1-Click = Lights On
2-Click = Lights Off
But Alexa only recognizes it as a single action button. Is there a way to get around this issue?
RE: Alexa and FLIC integration.
@Emil I was getting the "This Device is not supported" message while trying to set up my first routine in Alexa as well. After some troubleshooting here is the workaround I found.
Assuming that you have already enabled the Flic skill within the Alexa app:
- Open "Devices" menu in the Alexa app and find your Flic
- Delete/Forget the device
- Fully close the Alexa app. (It shouldn't be running in the background either)
- Fully close the Flic app. (again, it shouldn't be running in the background)
- Open Flic, set up the button to trigger Alexa if you haven't already.
- Open Alexa and click the button - it should say, new device discovered.
- DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR BUTTON IN ALEXA
- Create a routine and start from the bottom, i.e. Actions -> Triggers -> Name.
- Now it should work successfully.
This worked for all three of my buttons so hopefully it works for others as well.