Return of black Flic buttons?
woozzlewozzle last edited by
My original Flic buttons seem to be dying one by one at the moment. They're working unreliably, and the batteries aren't lasting as long as they used to (I assume they're polling the hub more often due to their unreliability, or something like that), so I'll probably have to soon replace the remaining 3 that I have in use.
I really like the LED light and tactile feel of the v2 buttons (I have 9 of them), but there are certain places where a black button looks better than a white, so I'm still using the v1 buttons in those cases.
Will you be releasing black buttons again? I liked the colour options, too, but understand that they're quite niche. Black, however, seems like an uncontroversial option.
Thanks for the insight.
Uzoma last edited by Uzoma
Hi, If the buttons are failing, you most likely have a bad battery that needs replacement.
For the LED colors, this is what they mean when clicked:
- 2x red pulse (No Pairing exists): The button is brand new and has not been connected to anything
- 2x yellow pulse (Pairing exists): The button is trying to connect to a previously paired device
- 1x green blink (Button even has been delivered): All is good and action successful
- 1x green blink, 2x red blink (Button event has been delivered but the battery is running low): All is good but will soon need new battery
- 3x red blinks (Button booted): If this happens when the button pressed, it could be a low battery or glitchy battery connection. Make sure to insert a healthy battery and make sure it has good contact with the pads
As for black buttons, unfortunately, no longer sell or produce them. There are no know plans of bringing them back. We'd have to and see what happens in the near future.
If you have further questions, kindly contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.