Home Assistant (HASSIO) - FLIC 2
I have installed hassio addon (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/flic/), followed all the steps and installed the Service as well with Configuration.yaml binary sensor.
The server is running as follows:
Available HCI devices found:
hci0 is busy, shutting down and retrying...
Successfully bound HCI socket
Flic server is now up and running!
Initialization of Bluetooth controller done!
Accepted new client
But i cannot add any Flic though am pressing the flic for 7 seconds.
tried pairing it with android app and it is working great.
So i assume its home assistant issue.
Please advise ? Anyone successfully paired Flic2 ?
c 0 last edited by
I know your post is old, but I've been struggling too with connecting Flic 2 and Home Assistant. Using Flicd addon didn't give a stable integration, but this is a workaround I've found was quite stable. Works only with a Flic Hub and Apple Homekit running!
- In Home Assistant, set up an input boolean for single, double and hold for each Flic button. That's three input booleans for each button.
- Then expose Home Assistant to Homekit via the Homekit integration. You should now be able to control Home Assistant entities in Homekit, including your new input booleans.
- In the Flic app, set up your Flic button to run through Homekit
- In Homekit app, set up the button to turn on the input booleans corresponding to single, double and hold press.
- You can now create automations in Home Assistant, that fires when the states for your input booleans turn on. Also make an automation that turns off the input booleans again.
@flic-i yes you can run simpleclient on another machine, but make sure flicd is started with "-s 0.0.0.0" or otherwise it can only be reached from localhost.
flic i last edited by
I get the same output and results as traboulsizs and am also running Hassio, in my case on a Raspberry pi 3 B.
I can't find any output in any log that discovery is actually starting, even though I set discovery: true. I also tried a never used Flic 1 and it's also not getting picked up. Maybe this is a problem in Home Assistant?
Can I run simpleclient on another computer and connect to flicd on the Hassio machine?
@traboulsizs simpleclient is not part of home assistant, but part of fliclib-linux-hci. You can find the tool here: https://github.com/50ButtonsEach/fliclib-linux-hci/tree/master/simpleclient.
I am trying now with a new flic which is not connected to Android.
Changed my discovery to false:
binary_sensor: - platform: flic host: 192.168.1.xx discovery: false
No Luck !
Is there a way to install the simpleclient in Hassio ? As per my knowledge that is not possible.
This post is deleted!
Hi! The button can only be connected to one device at a time, so please first disconnect your Android device.
Then I recommend you set the "Discovery" setting in home-assistant to false since I think it's a security issue otherwise. Instead use the simpleclient tool or similar to pair the button to flicd. If you have Flic 2 then make sure you use the latest flicd version.