From the Flic Twist promo text:
"Unlock the full potential of your smart home devices, from lights to music and blinds, with Flic Twist versatile functionality."
How can it be versatile, when there are
- no options to control it or make customizations for it in the Hub SDK
- it supports only 4 different providers total (at the moment) for the twist functionality
- Only 1 way to use it as a volume control(ler): Buying a (relatively) - new Sonos system (hub + speaker(s)) .
- no developer documentation specifically for the Twist anywhere AND
- the button can only be connected to a hub, which makes it a real nightmare to reverse engineer if you REALLY wanted to do something specific with it, not related to LIFX, Sonos, IKEA or Philips Hue. So even if I was capable of it, I wouldn't even be able to hack more versatility into the thing….without using A LOT of time and effort.
The main functionality for other media players/music systems etc. (Spotify Connect, Bose, OSC, Chromecast/Android TV, VLC ++) is already there (!)
Anyway... I don't have a Sonos system (and I can't afford a new one), so at the moment my Flic Twist already has a fine layer of dust on it, and unfortunately it's a major disappointment. It has so much wasted potential though.